In 2012, the Alberta Culinary Tourism Alliance (ACTA) was created to bring together its agricultural, culinary, tourism and hospitality professionals in a forum for positive, sustainable growth. By working together – across sectors and geographic boundaries to build alliances and communication channels – Alberta’s culinary appeal for travellers can be enlightened, enlivened and enriched.
ACTA wants Alberta’s culinary bounty known, savoured and grown through travel experiences. Helping create and nurture ways for culinary tourism to thrive, our not-for-profit advocacy group in action:
• raises awareness of Alberta food-and-travel experiences
• helps develop culinary tourism offers by linking initiatives with resources
• strengthens connections between government, tourism professionals and culinary stakeholders
• encourages consistent, quality culinary tourism experiences
• identifies tangible ways to better Alberta through sustainable culinary tourism.